February 3, 2020
Important Information Regarding Today (2/3/20)
As you know, most of the HS staff was not at school today. They love SkyView and are processing the departure of their Principal. Please know students are our top priority and I assure you the staff will be back in the building tomorrow. We thank you for your patience, understanding and support. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to let me know. A few things to note:
- First thing this morning, Dr. Chastain, Head of Schools met with HS students to address how he plans to help the school move forward, including his interim role as principal and the school will begin it’s search for a new principal immediately.
- I also spoke with the students at the assembly regarding the absence of teachers and to assure them that staff support them and will be back tomorrow. Students then had an opportunity to ask questions or share concerns at the close of the assembly.
- Any absences or early departure today will be excused.
- All classes have coverage and are safely supervised.
A Note About After School Participation (2/3/20)
Students who are not in the building may still participate in after school programs. However, be aware there may be after school program cancellation depending on weather. Please keep an eye for email notifications.
A Message from Dr. Chastain
We have scheduled a parent meeting on Tuesday, February 4, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. in the cafetorium to discuss moving forward with measures to make a smooth transition. While this transition can be difficult for any group of students, there are a number of things we are doing to ensure that our students will continue to receive a quality educational experience.
Due to the anticipated snow, MS/HS students will be dismissed at 3:00pm today. You will receive an additional confirmation from the school shortly with more details.
February 4th, Advisement, 11th Grade Registration for SAT with Essay
Advisement, Dodgeball for Heart Assembly
February 5th, Formal Day (9th & 10th only)
February 6th, 9th Grade T-shirt Ordering Deadline
February 7th, Deadline Course Registration
February 18th, 11th Grade Deadline Register for SAT with Essay
February 18th, Advisement, 12th Grade Meeting
February 20th, Advisement, Diversity Character Ed Assembly. Opt Out here.
February 21st, Advisement, Wish Week Opening Assembly
February 27th, Advisement, Wish Week Assembly
February 28th, Advisement, Wish Week Closing Assembly
February 21st-22nd, 7:00pm-8:00am, Senior Lock-in (overnight event)
February 28th-29th, 5:30pm -8:30am, iLove (overnight girls) Conference
March 7th, 6:00pm-10:00pm, Plaid Carpet, Click here for tickets
March 31st, 11th Grade Deadline SAT Test Prep Registration
* You can access the school calendar page for specific events or click on SkyView 2019-2020 Academic Calendar pdf for general dates.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to give us a holler!
Linda August, Assistant Principal